The Tower of David Museum is located near the Jaffa Gate in the Old City of Jerusalem.
Museum opening hours (Except August):
Sunday – Thursday: 9:00 – 16:00
Friday: 9:00 – 14:00 (*And Eve of holiday )
Saturday: 9:00 – 16:00
|Museum Admission||The Night Spectacular||Two in one*: Museum Admission + The Night Spectacular|
|Adult||40 NIS||55 NIS||70 NIS|
|20 NIS||50 NIS||55 NIS|
|Student||30 NIS||50 NIS||55 NIS|
(up to 18)
|18 NIS||45 NIS||55 NIS|
|Disabled||20 NIS||30 NIS||40 NIS|
|Soldier||15 NIS||30 NIS||40 NIS|
* Combination Ticket: A discounted price for a combined ticket to the Night Spectacular and a visit to the Tower of David Museum during the day. The day-time visit can take place any time within a year of the purchase of the ticket. Entrance to the Night Spectacular must be booked in advance through the museum reservation center or at the box office. The Museum is closed to visitors during late afternoon and evening hours and during the showing of the Night Spectacular.
Guided tours of the permanent exhibition – for individuals
Hebrew: Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:30
English: Sundays to Thursdays at 11:00
- Tours are included in admission fee.
- Tours are not available on holidays and holiday eves.
Please note: in the event that there is no escort guide, visitors will be given complimentary audio guides.
* From Herod’s palace to British Prison – A tour of the Citadel Moat and the Kishle (in English) Fridays, at 10:00 am. (Price 45 NIS). Details and reservation >
** The Camera Man: Exhibition tours: July – August, Tuesdays, at 10:00 am. Tours are included in admission fee. (Heb)
* The film “Jerusalem”, will only be screened for groups by prior arrangement. Reserve at 972-2-6265327 or email@example.com
By telephone +972-2-6265327, by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guided tour reservations: by telephone +972-2-6265347, by E-mail: email@example.com
Friends of the Tower membership card
Multiple daytime admissions to the museum for a year.
Adults – 120 NIS, children (up to 18)/students/seniors – 100 NIS.
- Free admission to the museum during the day
- One + One tickets to the Night Spectacular, subject to availability
- 25 % discount to events and activities of the museum , not including the MASA series
- 15 % discount to friends visiting the museum together with the member
- 10 % discount on shop products and catalogs (not including books)
- Invitations to exhibition openings and gallery talks
- The Museum Newsletter
Yerushalmi Cardholders (Jerusalem residents)
Adult: 32 NIS, Child: 13 NIS – daytime admission to the Museum.
The museum is located in an ancient citadel. A large part of the exhibition is accessible to persons with mobility disabilities and to wheelchairs. Parking for persons with disabilities can be arranged in advance. Call the museum office for details: +972-2-6265333.
The cafeteria is open to the public during opening hours, except Saturdays and holidays.
Free WiFi at the Museum.
- Mamila-Elrov open mall
- Ramparts Walk
- The Old City Market
- Teddy’s Park
- How do I get to the Museum?
By car: From the entrance to the city, follow the signs to City Center. If using Waze, enter the address as Yitzhak Kariv Street where the public parking is located.
By public transportation: Take the light rail from the Central Bus Station/Binyanei HaUma to Kikar Safra (the municipality building) and continue by foot to Jaffa Gate. Bus lines operate from the Central Bus Station to King George Street and from there by foot to Yitzhak Kariv Street and Jaffa Gate.
- Where do I park?
You can park at the Alrov-Mamilla carpark at the foot of Jaffa Gate (first hour is free). Additional parking lots on Yitzhak Kariv Street and downtown. From the parking area take the stairs or elevator to the Mamilla Shopping Street and continue to Jaffa Gate and the main entrance to the Museum.
- How much time do I need to visit the museum?
The time needed to visit the museum varies from person to person. However, in order to see the highlights, we recommend a visit of 1 1/2 hours.
- When is the Night Spectacular shown?
Show times vary throughout the year. To find out specific times, please check our calendar>
- Can I walk from the Tower of David to the Kotel (Western Wall)?
Yes, you can walk through the market or through the Jewish Quarter. Walking time is about 20 minutes.
- What is the difference between the Tower of David and the City of David?
The Tower of David is the Museum of the History of Jerusalem and is located across from the Jaffa Gate. The City of David is an archaeological site located outside of the Dung Gate. Both sites charge admission.
- Does entrance to the Museum include entrance to the Ramparts Walk?
You can purchase a discount combination ticket for daytime entrance to the museum and entrance to the Ramparts Walk: Adults – 45 NIS; Children – 24 NIS; Israeli seniors – 25 NIS; Students – 35 NIS.
You can also purchase a discount ticket to the Night Spectacular and the Ramparts Walk: Adults – 63 NIS; Students/Israeli seniors 58 NIS; Children – 53 NIS.
* The ticket can be used on the same day or the following day only.
There are two routes of the walk – the northern route, from Jaffa Gate to the Lions Gate and the southern route, from Jaffa Gate to the Dung Gate (accessible from David’s Garden near the Museum exit).
The Ramparts Walk is operated by the East Jerusalem Development Corporation, not the Tower of David.
Thursday, Aug. 04
The Syrian community
Sunday, Aug. 07
Meet at TOD
Sunday, Aug. 14
Friday, Aug. 19
Gallery Talk - (Heb.) – The Camera Man
Monday, Aug. 29
9:00 - 17:00
9:00 - 19:00
9:00 - 14:00
For Museum opening hours after August, Click here
The Alrov-Mamilla carpark at the foot of Jaffa Gate, first hour is free. Additional parking lots on Yitzhak Kariv Street and downtown.
Line 38. Lines 13,18 stops at King David st.
Safra Square station (Jerusalem Municipality)