Welcome to the Tower of David Museum, located inside one of the most important and exciting historical sites in Israel - the ancient citadel of Jerusalem. Located near the Jaffa Gate, the main entryway to the Old City, the Citadel has been of major importance for thousands of years. The museum presents a collage of cultures, religions, and different historical periods that tell the exciting story of the city of Jerusalem.
Tickets purchased through the internet reservation site (for children or adults) enjoy a 5% discount off the full-price ticket purchased at the museum entrance for either entry to the museum or to one of the Night Experiences. (Discount is not available for a combination ticket.) The price after discount will be displayed at check-out; no need for a coupon code.
* Please note: Due to ongoing construction at the Tower of David there may be changes in the accessbility of parts of the site. Please call *2884 for up to date information.
** Combination tickets include a discount ticket for one of the Night Experiences and a discount ticket for a one-day entry to the museum. The ticket can be used for entry to the museum for one daytime visit and is valid for one year from date of purchase
* The two Night Experience sound and light shows are only available with advance reservations through the reservation center or according to availability. The museum is open during daylight hours only, and is closed during the Night Experiences.
* Groups of IDF soldiers enter for free. To arrange a visit, contact 02-626-5347
* Children over 3 years of age must have a ticket to the Night Experiences.
BANAI - A Musical Journey from Persia to Jerusalem
The new exhibition, BANAI, explores how one family’s life story, over five generations, became synonymous with the soundtrack of the development of Jerusalem and Israel. The story of how this family of new immigrants, outsiders to the local culture, became a venerable cultural dynasty is unequalled in Israel – perhaps in the whole world. The Tower of David Museum exhibition, BANAI, shows their personal story while painting a much broader panorama. The exhibition is based on an audio enabled historical and musical soundtrack that takes visitors from the 19th century immigrant experience to the present-day with the traditional and contemporary melodies, tunes and songs that both influenced and were made famous by the members of the Banai family.
There will be on-line live webinars with the curator of the Exhibition on Sunday evenings Israel, mid-day USA. Details will be available on our website after the opening.
Opening: June 17, 2020 Closing: April 2021
NEW OUTDOOR TOUR ROUTES
Now, more than ever, we all want to spend quality time with family and friends without crowds and in the open air. So, we have opened two new tour routes through the Citadel, complete with audio guiding.
A Bird's Eye View of Jerusalem is a new audio tour route entirely located in the open air of the extensive citadel that invites visitors to get to know Jerusalem and discover how the city has changed throughout history. The tour includes unique historical models as well as archaeological finds located throughout the citadel.
The Mystery of Herod's Palace and the Kishle is another new tour route, inviting visitors to embark on a fascinating journey into the city's past, to revisit the great events and stories that shaped Jerusalem’s history. Discover the extensive excavations in the Citadel moat and the Kishle building, revealing secrets of the city from the days of the First Temple to the present time. Now, for the first time, the site is accessible to the independent visitor
|Phone (Israel only)||*2884|
|Hours of operation||Sunday-Thursday 9am - 4pm|
Enter the address Yitzhak Crib Street on Waze, the parking located there.
The Alrov-Mamilla carpark at the foot of Jaffa Gate, first hour is free. Additional parking lots on Yitzhak Kariv Street and downtown.
Line 38 to Isaac Carrib Street
Lines 13,18,38 stops at King David st.
Light Rail System
Get off at Safra Square Station (City Hall)
The Tower of David Museum is located near
the Jaffa Gate in the Old City of Jerusalem
The Audio Guide includes 3 full tours. Available in English and Hebrew and included in price of admission:
1. "BANAI - A Musical Journey from Persia to Jerusalem", a tour of the temporary exhibition that celebrates one of Jerusalem’s most well-known artistic families.
2. “Jerusalem - A Bird’s Eye View”, tour - the timeline of Jerusalem as viewed in the models of Jerusalem in the courtyard of the Citadel.
3. “Secrets of Herod’s Palace and the Kishle”, tour the hidden archaeological spaces in the Citadel moat and the Kishle