The walls of the Citadel serve as a stage for a nightime show which is a celebration of sight and sound. Amidst the archaeological remains in the Citadel’s courtyard and to the sound of original music, the story of Jerusalem unfolds through giant breathtaking, virtual reality images.
The Night Spectacular uses trompe l’oeil technology – the stones of the walls and structures fade into the scenes and the screened images envelop the viewers and whisk them off to a one-of-a-kind multi-sensory experience.
Innovative techniques and a sophisticated computer system operate 20 projectors, 10 video players, 14 computers and 14 loudspeakers. All this in addition to some 10 kilometers of cable and two projection rooms.
The Night Spectacular, the first of its kind in the world, is for everyone – tourists from Israel and abroad, families, speakers of all languages and all Jerusalem lovers.
Creators: Skertzo company, France; original music: Etienne Perruchon; sound effects: Jean Goudier; curator of the show: Renee Sivan, Tower of David Museum.
The show is made possible with the help of the Jerusalem Municipality, the Ministry of Tourism, the Israel Government Tourist Corporation and the Jerusalem Foundation.
Information about the Show
* Show runtime: 45 minutes. Please dress warmly – the show is open air.
* The show begins with a walk through the courtyard followed by the viewing of the main performance.
* The Night Spectacular is wheelchair accessible.
* The Night Spectacular will not take place in the event of extreme weather conditions.
* The museum and the permanent exhibition are closed at 16:00 (During July-August at 17:00).
* No photography allowed during the performance in all areas of the citadel.
* Due to the nature of the show – late entrances are not allowed.
|The Night Spectacular||Two in one*: Museum Admission + The Night Spectacular|
|Adult||55 NIS||70 NIS|
|Senior (Israeli Citizenship)/Student||50 NIS||55 NIS|
|Child 3 to 18||45 NIS||55 NIS|
|Soldier/ disabled||30 NIS||40 NIS|
* Combination Ticket: A discounted price for a combined ticket to the Night Spectacular and a visit to the Tower of David Museum during the day. The day-time visit can take place any time within a year of the purchase of the ticket. Entrance to the Night Spectacular must be booked in advance through the museum reservation center or at the box office. The Museum is closed to visitors during late afternoon and evening hours and during the showing of the Night Spectacular.
* Tickets by advanced booking at the Reservation Center: +972-2-6265333, direct Line (Israel only): *2884.
* On the night of the show tickets are subject to availability.
* Group booking: +972-2-6265327, +972-2-6265311, email@example.com
* Please note, cancellations will be accepted until 10 am on the day of the show. On Saturdays cancellations must take place by Thursdays at 10 am, at the Reservation Center (Sunday to Thursday 08:00-16:00).
Sunday, Oct. 02
Erev Rosh Hashanna
Monday, Oct. 03
Wednesday, Oct. 05
Tuesday, Oct. 11
Erev Yom Kippur
Wednesday, Oct. 12
Sunday, Oct. 16
Monday, Oct. 17
Saturday, Oct. 22
Sunday, Oct. 23
9:00 – 16:00
9:00 – 14:00
(*And eve of holidays)
9:00 – 16:00